Remote Power Systems
Remote installations are often located in regions where grid power can be unreliable or unavailable. Northern Reliability engineers are experts in the design of applications requiring high quality, unmanned, continuous power with absolute reliability and little or no maintenance. These systems often present complex integration and logistical challenges due to the fact that they tend to be located in remote environments. Such challenges include difficult access, temperature and humidity extremes, high winds, and seismic activities. Northern Reliability's Remote Power Capabilities include expertise in the areas of:
- Solar Obstruction Lighting Systems (SOLS): Northern Reliability designs and manufactures obstruction lighting systems for high voltage electrical transmission towers and other obstructions.
- Telecommunications: Our systems provide power for voice and data networks, television and radio transmitters, and fiber optic networks that are distributed over vast expanses of diverse terrain and cannot be connected to an electrical grid.
- Oil & Gas: Our systems provide pipelines and offshore platforms with failsafe power for remote telemetry (RTU), valve stations, cathodic protection, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Isolated Communities: Northern Reliability's isolated power systems serve remote villages or industrial facilities that cannot be cost-effectively reached by traditional electric transmission, often because the utility infrastructure is inadequate, non-existent, or cost-prohibitive.
Northern Reliability has the knowledge and expertise to develop, design, install, and maintain the right on-site solution for your business. On-Site Power (also known as Distributed Generation) places a power source at the point of use. From a few kilowatts to multiple megawatts, an on-site system can be driven by a single source, or a combination of power sources, to provide economic and ultra-reliable power for your business. By generating some or all of your own power, you gain greater control of your power needs, enabling you to reduce energy costs, improve power quality and reliability, increase efficiency, and decrease the environmental aspect of your power generation and use. Northern Reliability's On-Site capabilities are ideal for a variety of applications, such as:
- Commercial and Institutional Buildings (office buildings, hospitals, schools)
- Digital Economy (data centers, internet service providers, call centers)
- Distributed Generation (solar farms, electric and gas utilities, environmental engineering)
- Manufacturing (food and beverage, pharmaceutical, plastics, semiconductors)